|Reports To (Title):
||VP, Finance and Accounting
Willson International is the expert in Canadian and U.S. customs brokerage that delivers unmatched customer service to importers and exporters in Ontario.
We are dedicated to our people. The people we hire are the cornerstones of our success. Their ideas, commitment and connection to our customers are truly the essential elements in how we succeed. If you have a passion for continuous improvement, terrific customer service and love to work in a team environment this could be the opportunity for you!
Willson International is looking for a Corporate Controller for our Mississauga, ON location.
The candidate will be directly responsible for financial reporting for all Willson group of companies coupled with the direct supervision and management of the Accounting team and all its functions. Specific responsibilities are, but are not limited to:
- Cash flow management (transfer of funds between all the bank accounts to cover overdraft, settle inter-company accounts, sell USD, short term investments)
- Financial reporting for the Willson group of companies
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Prepare balance sheet, P&L and Cash flow statements
- Prepare JEs
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations and reconcile sub-ledgers to GL
- Maintain General Ledger (open new GL accounts)
- Prepare Management Reports for Leadership team
- Prepare supporting schedules for yearend review
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities
- Provide leadership, coaching, training, performance management for all Accountants and Accounting Staff.
The Corporate Controller must possess:
- University Degree/Commerce/ Accounting is required
- CGA is required
- Minimum ten years (10) years direct Accountant experience in an office environment
- Minimum three (3) years in a supervisory/management role responsible for a leading and mentoring staff.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products – Intermediate excel required.
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages – Great Plains preferred
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written is required
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Problem solving, accuracy, attention to detail and analytical ability is required
- Satisfactory criminal check clearance and business references are required
At Willson International, family is first, and we recognize, support and respect each employee’s responsibility to his/her family. In our continued efforts to help our employees we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Supplementary Health coverage
- Maternity top-up and paid time off for new Fathers
- Company paid sick and personal days
- Paid Continuing Education Courses
We look for people that are adaptable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, passionate, creative and team-oriented. If this is you then please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Willson International is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.