CFIA – Invitation to consultation workshop on draft ISPMs
The following is provided by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
You are invited to participate in a workshop either in person or remotely via webex to comment on the following draft International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs) recently distributed for country consultation by the Secretariat of the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC). The draft ISPMs and presentations for the second consultation can be accessed from the IPPC website.
Note that most documents published on the IPPC website are in English only.
The second consultation of the draft IPPC ISPMs is now open until September 30, 2019.
- Draft 2018 Amendments to ISPM 5: Glossary of Phytosanitary terms (1994-001)
- Draft Revision of ISPM 8: Determination of pest status in an area (2009-005)
- Draft ISPM: Authorization of entities to perform phytosanitary actions (2014-002)
- Draft ISPM: Requirements for the use of modified atmosphere treatments as phytosanitary measures (2014-006)
- Date: August 8, 2019
- Time: 1 pm – 4 pm (EST)
- Place: 59 Camelot-1W-108
- Introduction to IPPC and Standard Setting Process
- Overview of the changes for each draft ISPM
- Open discussion and comment period
- Next steps
- Local: 613.960.7513
- Toll Free: 1.877.413.4788
- Access code: 436 370 9
If you submit written comments, we request that the draft ISPM’s specific paragraph number to which they apply is identified and supported by an explanation of their purpose and suggestions for alternative text where appropriate. To allow sufficient time for collation and interpretation of comments, please submit all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13, 2019, at the latest.
Thank you in advance for your continued contribution. Please forward this e-mail to all your colleagues or persons who may wish to comment. Together we will ensure that Canadian perspectives are captured in the comments being submitted through this process.
For the IPPC Official Contact Point for Canada,
For assistance with Webex
1. Go to https://gts-ee.webex.com/gts-ee/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click “Support”.
3. Call 1.800.226.6338 or 613.941.9554
You can contact: