FAST Notices for Trusted Trader Programs
Customs Notice 19-23 – FAST Notices for Trusted Trader Programs
1. The purpose of this Notice is to advise that on December 9th, 2019, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) amended the eligibility criteria for Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Membership.
2. Under the expansion of the FAST Membership criteria, the CBSA will extend FAST lane eligibility to highway carriers and importers who are sole members of the Partners in Protection (PIP) program, rather than requiring them to also be members of the Customs Self Assessment (CSA) program.
3. The enhancement introduces two new notices that are generated pre-arrival to advise a carrier that a shipment is eligible or ineligible to use the FAST lane at the reporting port of entry.
• FLE notice – informs the carrier they are eligible to use the FAST lane
• FLI notice – informs the carrier they are no longer eligible to use the FAST lane
4. The scope of the enhancement applies to highway shipments only at the following participating (eligible) ports:
• 0410 Fort Erie, ON
• 0440 Sarnia, ON
• 0502 Emerson, MB
• 0813 Pacific Highway, BC
• … Does not apply to highway shipments at other ports of entry, at this time
• … Does not apply to air, marine or rail shipments
This Notice is availability in its entirety on the CBSA website.